DevOps Engineer III
Company: City National Bank
Posted on: November 1, 2019
The DevOps Engineer plays a key role in City national Bank's DevOps
transformation. As a part for the DevOps Center of Excellence team,
the DevOps Engineer will focus on the following:
- Drive cultural change
- Encourages collaboration between Dev, Sec & Ops
- Automate IT processes, standardize DevOps tool chain
- Collect metrics across Dev, Sec & Ops
- Incubate, release and support DevOps projects
- Integrate toolsets to best support DevOps and continuous
The DevOps Engineer must have rich and diverse technical
background, is creative (intellectually curious), and passionate
about automation / DevOps and eager to learn emerging technologies
and trends. The DevOps Engineer is also responsible for documenting
the standards, processes and procedures as well as improving
process efficiency.The typical day includes working with
Development, InfoSec, Operations and Business teams to design,
implement and support enterprise level pipeline as a service (PaaS)
offerings. These PaaS offerings will be designed to include
Continuous Integration, Delivery, Testing, and Monitoring. The
position also includes the creation, implementation and enforcement
of policies and procedures, automation tools, source control, TFS
policy, deployment orchestration and process standardization.
Though the DevOps Engineer is not directly responsible for
production support however he/she will provide level-3 support to
troubleshoot pipeline related issues.Responsibilities:
- Implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and
automation efforts for City National Bank.
- Provide support for other employees working to implement and
foster a DevOps culture.
- Participate in medium to large scale DevOps driven team
- Enforce policies, standards and procedures for best practices
within City National Bank.
- Continually evaluate build and deployment procedures for
opportunities to optimize, streamline and automate.
- Develop and test new functionality, with general supervision
regarding methodology and approach.
- Create and maintain DevOps technical documentation.
- Create custom reports to show automation usage and
- Support and continuously improve DevOps processes and
- Prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks
and adapt to changing priorities.
- Perform peer code and design reviews.
- Create DevOps training material for internal team reference and
perform training sessions as needed.
- *B.S. in Computer Science or in a related technical field or
- *Minimum 2 years working in a DevOps related role
- *Minimum 6 months of programming or scriptingAbilities, Job
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple
concurrent tasks is required.
- Understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller
pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a
step-by-step causal way.
- Learn and follow City National Bank's Software Development Life
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Including a
strong ability to create positive and professional business
relationships with partner teams across the organization.
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent
- Desired -- Utilizing APIs
- Desired -- TFS or VSTS experience in the following areas:
Administration, Build and Release
- One or more scripting languages: CMD, Groovy, Java Script,
- One or more of these programming languages: C#, Perl, or
- Demonstrate experience in at least one of the following areas:
Creating automated SDLC processes, Continuous Delivery workflows or
web service application deployments, troubleshooting, and
- Continuous Integration & Delivery tools, such as: TFS, Bamboo
- Desired -- Demonstrate experience in at least one of the
following areas:Continuous Integration or development branching
- Desired -- Database: Microsoft SQL Server
- Desired -- Automated and continuous build tools, such as:
MSBuild, Maven, or NAnt
- Desired -- Configuration Management tools, such as: Chef,
System Center, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.*Represents basic
qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position
you must at least meet the basic qualifications.Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/VeteransNote: This
preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Note:
Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay
interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates
who are hired unless previously agreed. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: City National Bank, Porterville , DevOps Engineer III, Engineering , Porterville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!