Executive Director Maintenance and Operations (PC)
Company: Kern Community College District
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Executive Director Maintenance and Operations (PC)
Kern Community College District
Salary: $116,602.47 - $152,992.54 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY22-23-000072
Location: Porterville, CA
Department: Maintenance & Operations
Under direction of the Vice President, Administrative Services, the
Director, M&O plans and manages all functions concerning
Maintenance and Operations such as: building maintenance and
repair, custodial, grounds, energy management, environmental
planning, vehicle fleet, shipping and receiving, space planning,
and campus infrastructure projects. The position collaborates with
District Facilities for bond capital project design and
development, facilities construction, and conservation
1. Plan, organize, and direct activities and operations involved in
inspection, maintenance and repair of College buildings, grounds,
outdoor, and athletic facilities.
2. Develop and monitor ongoing preventative and deferred
maintenance programs for all major mechanical and electrical
systems of the college, as well as for grounds, buildings,
athletics facilities, and other areas as required.
3. Oversee the collection and disposal of waste materials.
4. Serve as the waste conservation manager to ensure compliance
with county and state regulations.
5. Serves as the primary contact related to internal and external
use of facilities logistics.
6. Plan, organize, and direct activities and operations involved in
cleaning and maintenance of College buildings and facilities,
including classrooms, lounges, offices, restrooms, hallways, and
athletic facilities; oversee the collection and disposal of waste
7. Coordinate with other departments to ensure maintenance,
construction, and operations do not interfere with student learning
and support. Serve on the Administrative Cabinet to support the
college's mission of student learning and achievement. Serve as the
co-chair of the College Facilities Committee
8. Supervise and oversee the work of maintenance and operations
9. Facilitate design through construction, including project
development, design, approval, construction, and closeout. Plan and
coordinate repair and minor remodeling construction projects;
inspects completed projects. Ensure that work complies with
applicable codes and standards
10. Serve as the campus point of contact to architects, engineers,
project and construction managers, inspectors, and construction
companies 11. Manage day-to-day operations of facilities including
prioritize, process, and assign work orders; assure completion.
12. Plan and direct grounds maintenance and landscaping activities
for College grounds.
13. Research and recommend purchase of new equipment and
14. Develop and administer annual plans and budgets related to
areas of assignment.
15. Manage installation, maintenance, and repair projects in
electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, and painting; oversee
the troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of equipment; and assure
preventive maintenance and proper replacement of equipment, parts
16. Establish and maintain periodic inspection program of buildings
and facilities to assure compliance with applicable fire, safety,
security, and sanitary codes and regulations.
17. Design, layout, and maintain a building keying system of all
campus buildings and maintain a current master keying record on all
keys issued. 18. Select, supervise, train, and evaluate College
trades, maintenance, grounds, and custodial staff.
19. Develop and coordinate in-service training programs for
Maintenance and Operations personnel.
20. Serve on committees as needed.
21. Assist and support coordination of facilities planning and
22. Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with emphasis in civil or
mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Three years' experience in responsible leadership
- Increasingly responsible, successful experience involving
building and grounds maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability
backgrounds of community college students and employees.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Mission of the California Community Colleges and community
- Project management.
- Principles of budget control and personnel management.
- Current best practices in preventative maintenance, deferred
maintenance, energy management and conservation.
- Understanding of the California Division of State Architect
(DSA) and Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) guidelines
- Operations and activities involved in a comprehensive
facilities maintenance program including grounds inspection,
cleaning, maintenance and repair of college buildings, facilities,
- Methods and techniques used in general cleaning and maintenance
- Applicable building codes, ordinances regulations and health
and safety requirements.
- Pool and athletic facility servicing.
- Work order software, comprehensive facility management software
and Microsoft Excel.
- Interpret laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to
construction, remodeling, procurement, health, and safety.
- Formulate policy and procedures.
- Compile clear, accurate reports.
- Coordinate/facilitate meetings.
- Establish and control budgets.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop a preliminary budget and maintain expenditures within
- Effectively supervise staff.
- Plan, organize, and direct operations involved in inspection,
cleaning, maintenance and repair of college building and
SALARY RANGE$ 116,602.47 - $ 152,992.54 annuallyMaximum Entry Level
Salary: $ $ 122,505.47 annually
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONSFirst Review of Applications: Complete
application packets will be accepted until the position is filled;
but those received by September 19, 2022 are assured consideration.
The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate
the recruitment/selection process at any point. Completed
application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of five (5) professional references - Listed on
application form It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or
remove) any personal information from all documents prior to
uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth,
and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or
universities outside of the United States must have their
coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member
of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
(NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI).
A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff
diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The
District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not
discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity,
color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of
the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a
person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived
characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work
in the United States. Work authorization should be established at
the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at . Emails will not be
Keywords: Kern Community College District, Porterville , Executive Director Maintenance and Operations (PC), Executive , Porterville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!