DENTIST - Porterville
Company: Aria Community Health Center
Posted on: September 14, 2022
ACHC is a Federally Qualified Health Center and has licensed
primary care clinics. We provide medical and dental care, with
additional specialists in Chiropractic, Internal Medicine,
Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Psychology,
Podiatry and Optometry. ACHC Clinics are located across Fresno,
Kings and Tulare counties. SUMMARY A knowledgeable dentist who can
provide a range of services to our patients. The dentist will meet
with patients, assess their dental health, perform scheduled
cleanings, handle complex procedures, such as root canals,
extractions, and oral surgery, and work with other staff members,
such as dental hygienists and assistants, to provide our patients
with quality dental services. You should also be able to assist in
the management of the practice and promoting better oral hygiene.
To be successful, you should be caring, communicative, and
experienced in diagnosing and treating dental ailments. You should
also be skilled with the various tools and procedures needed to
correct dental complaints and ensure the oral health of patients.
- Integrates the Mission, Vision, Values into daily activities
and decisions, both individually and departmentally.
- Performs all duties in compliance with the Aria values and
ethical behavior standards.
- Knowledge of procedures and regulatory requirements that will
appropriately guide and support the provision of the
services/treatment to be provided.
- Possesses a working knowledge of department related JCAHO,
Title XXII, OSHA, and professional organization standards,
principles, and techniques.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve.
- Identifies real/potential problems affecting service and finds
solutions to improve care.
- Meet with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns.
- Performs regular cleanings and other preventative
- Establishes a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performs dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals,
and filling cavities.
- Developing treatment plans to deal with dental health
- Applies helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants.
- Prescribes medications for dental problems, such as pain
medications or antibiotics.
- Orders diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Uses tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to
examine and treat teeth and mouth.
- Performs exams and evaluating x-rays to determine a patient's
- Manages and communicates appropriately with other staff members
to provide care to patients.
- Keeps accurate and timely records relating to the oral health
of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interacts with patients appropriately and instructs them on
proper oral care. JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and
diagnostics. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in
Dentistry (DMD) degree from a dental program accredited by the
Commission on Dental Accreditation. BENEFITS
- 403(B) matching
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay EEO STATEMENT Avenal (Aria) Community Health Center is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political
affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability,
genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization,
retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit
factor. Avenal (Aria) Community Health Center participates in
Keywords: Aria Community Health Center, Porterville , DENTIST - Porterville, Healthcare , Porterville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!