Company: Staff Today Inc. (STI)
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Staff Today, a HAN Division, is currently seeking a Physician to
work at a facility in Porterville, California. These are registry
positions with our company Staff Today.
Pay Rate: $169 / hour
Shift Schedule: Monday through Friday 0730-1600
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
- Work under the general direction of the Medical Director.
-Under medical supervision, performs assigned medical work in an
assigned work location. May supervise and instruct medical
personnel engaged in caring for forensic clients
- The Physician and Surgeon-Safety classification is
distinguished from other Physician and Surgeon and the Physician
Surgeon classifications by the custody requirements imposed by the
criminal nature of the forensic clients residing in the Secure
- Responsible for performing an assigned phase of the medical
services and for making professional decisions.
Reports directly to the Medical Director
- Must possess and maintain sufficient strength, agility,
endurance, and sensory ability to perform during physically,
mentally, and emotionally stressful and emergency situations
encountered on the job without endangering their own health and
well-being or that of their fellow employees, clients or the
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne
pathogens, medicinal preparations or other conditions common to a
clinical nursing environment.
- The position provides services within a secure treatment area
which requires walking and standing to reach a specific
designation. The position requires sitting and use of telephones
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Incumbents perform duties with forensic clients in a secured
residential treatment setting.
- Travel is required. May travel to observe clients receiving
treatment in another location such as community hospital or similar
setting. May travel to court proceedings to testify in support of
clinical assessments and/or documentation.
- This position is designated as Work Week Group (WWG) E. WWG
E/SE employees are expected to work as many hours as necessary to
complete the work assigned. WWG
- E/SE employee work schedules may fluctuate at times depending
on the nature and amount of work to be performed. In the absence of
work requiring irregular or fluctuating hours of work, WWG E/SE
employees are expected to maintain a consistent work schedule as
directed by the Medical Director.
- 50% Must possess the legal requirements for the practice of
medicine in California as determined by the California Board of
Medical Quality Assurance or the California Board of Osteopathic
Examiners. Must possess the ability to work in a Developmental
Center providing diagnostic and treatment services. Provides
medical supervision and care to clients such as physical
examinations, diagnoses of conditions, prescribes medications,
administers medical treatment within the scope of medical staff
privileges and professional license. Analyze situations accurately
and adopts an effective course of action. Reviews client medical
orders as scheduled and renews or changes when necessary. Responds
to medical emergencies and provides medical intervention techniques
- 20% Documents in a timely manner all medical care given to the
client. Prepares progress notes, reports (court commitment,
recommitment, etc.) and other medically related correspondence.
Completes timely and accurate Medicare billings as appropriate and
maintains a Medicare compliance standard of not less than 98%
compliance. Knowledgeable with computer and electronic health
- 5% Testifies in court as needed for commitment, recommitment
and other legal proceedings as needed.
- 5% As a member of an Interdisciplinary Team, participates in
all aspects of the development of an Individual Habilitation Plan.
Routinely communicates with family members and program
administrators regarding significant medical issues.
- 5% Must possess the ability to work extended hours and/or
varying shifts to serve the needs of the clients. Works at various
sites as needed, including the providing of back up coverage for
another physician and surgeon as needed.
- 5% Must be willing to demonstrate leadership ability in the
provision of medical care. Must be sympathetic and have objective
understanding of the problems of intellectually disabled
individuals who may or may not have been charged with a criminal
act. Must display tact, patience, and emotional stability.
- 5% Must attend facility required training.
- 5% May perform other duties as requested. TYPICAL
- Examines clients, diagnoses their illness, prescribes, and
administers medical treatment
- Orders laboratory examinations and analyses, x-rays, and
special diets. Consults with laboratory or dietary personnel as
- Writes prescriptions and consults with pharmacists as
- Makes rounds of assigned areas and reviews reports, records,
and general progress of clients
- Consults with, leads, or instructs nurses, technicians, and
other personnel for the provision or special training of medical
- Attends and participates in IPP Meetings, staff meetings, etc.
for the discussion of the surgical, medical, and mental condition
of various clients and their final diagnoses and treatment
- Keeps or supervises the keeping of records and case histories
preparing reports and related correspondence.
- Observes and intervenes in instances of disruptive or
assaultive behavior of clients.
- Assists staff ensuring a secure treatment facility observing
for ordinary items that can be used as weapons, observing the
facility to identify security breaches that could lead to client
escape and observing and intervening in client behavior that may
signal an impending escape attempt.
- Orders rehabilitative therapies
- Examine, diagnose, and treat physical and elementary mental
- Interpret laboratory analyses and x-rays and other imaging
- Direct the work of medical personnel
- Instruct in the principles and practices of general medicine,
surgery, consultations, and medical specialists as needed in
difficult to manage cases.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of case histories and the
keeping of hospital records
- May be asked to serve as the Acting Medical Director as
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a
copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please
feel free to call Staff Today at 800-928-5561 and ask to speak with
Jesus Monday-Friday (08:30 AM - 05:00 PM PST)
Keywords: Staff Today Inc. (STI), Porterville , Physician, Healthcare , Porterville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...