Travel RN - L&D in Porterville, CA
Company: Nurses PRN
Posted on: November 17, 2018
A Labor and Delivery Nurse offers a balance of the same elements that are found in the ICU, OR, ER department and pediatric nursing. A Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse needs to have excellent communication skills because they are the link between the patient, family members and the doctor. A Labor and Delivery RN must be able to think on their feet and make decisions quickly. Labor and Delivery Nurses work closely with the obstetrician and spend several hours on their feet. Responsibilities:As a Labor and Delivery RN some of your duties include:
- Making assessments of contractions, dilation, heart rates, etc.
- Performing follow-up duties which include:
- Assessing the condition of the newborn.
- Assessing the condition of the mother.
- Looking for signs of distress.
- Checking for signs of infections and any other complications.
Keywords: Nurses PRN, Porterville , Travel RN - L&D in Porterville, CA, Healthcare , Porterville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!