Compassionate Registered Substance Abuse Counselor
BAART services is dedicated to providing individualized
treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling,
recovery support and medical services.
BAART, addiction treatment programs deliver
medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities
and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the
opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those
looking to make a difference. At BAART,
we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients,
not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our
patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that
fosters excellence in all that we do.
Title: Temporary Registered Substance Abuse
Location: Porterville, CA
Schedule: M-F 5:30am - 2pm (1hour paid lunch)
Primary Job Function:
Certified Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with
assisting Hmong patients through medically assisting programs and
offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Substance abuse
counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist
with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally,
Substance abuse counselor will evaluate patients' progress during
therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate
with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients' therapy and
treatment for best overall outcome.
Essential Job Functions:
- Individual will conduct individual and group counseling
- Coordinate care of assigned patients and present patient status
and concerns with treatment team accordingly.
- Conduct comprehensive patient assessments and the development
and implementation of patient treatment plans according to State
- Provide clinical services and patient care and education and
opiate addiction counseling services to Hmong patients
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education |
- Must be Registered for substance abuse counseling in
the state of CA.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Human Service field.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our
counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals'
What to expect from us:
BAART a progressive substance abuse treatment
organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in
a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to
address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use
disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery
and an improved quality of life.
BAART is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that
prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color,
age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy,
marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic
disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other
classification protected by State/Federal laws.