Company: Don Roberto Jewelers
Posted on: May 31, 2021
The purpose of the Assistant manager is to
oversee and supervise the operation of the store and store
associates under the direction of the Store Manager. An assistant
manager will conduct the store according to company policy,
procedures and guidelines while maintaining high standards and
the up-most positive image of Don Roberto Jewelers.
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales and credit quotas by
helping the Store Manager properly train subordinate staff
resulting in meeting company standards
- Assist in the recruitment process for new staff.
- Update and verify information on credit accounts by
accepting payments, negotiating down payments, and processing
credit applications while maintaining accuracy.
- Ensure the safety of subordinate staff in substitution of the
Store Manager by having regards to property keys, security alarm
system, inventory control and best practices.
- Oversee the accuracy of shipment and receiving of
merchandise and product.
- Lead by example in providing each individual with
the up-most respect and customer service.
- Ensure cleanliness of the store at all time and keep
decorations and visuals updated according to event and/or
- Assist in opening and closing the store by following opening
and closing procedures.
- Perform and assist in training associates on other store
duties such as: jewelry cleaning, engraving and ear
- appear for small claims hearing as it relates to the
corresponding customer accounts while possessing the ability to
negotiate settlements on behalf of the company.
- ensure protection of the company's image at all times by
complying with company dress code and addressing any discrepancies
of other colleagues to your your Store Manager.
- Follow company policy at all times and perform other duties as
needed within store operations.
- Extensive experience in a retail setting
- Ability to work weekends
- Retail and/or Credit management experience, preferably in
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish highly
- Willingness to consent to, and satisfactory completion of
pre-employment screenings including, but not limited to: Drug Test,
Criminal Background & Department of Motor Vehicles
Essential Job Functions:
Ability to endure long periods of sitting,
standing and occasionally walking; lift and carry a maximum of 40
pounds; push and pull 100 pounds; climb, kneel, and reach on
occasions. Use of ordinary conversation speech and hearing; field
vision, color vision and acuity (far and near). Ability to operate
a personal computer, printers, telephone, and other general office
equipment; to communicate effectively in both written and oral
forms; apply cognitive skills; work in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to follow directions from a supervisor and carry out
instructions. Ability to accept constructive criticism and interact
effectively with coworkers. Ability to appear for work on time and
to understand and follow posted rules and procedures.
Keywords: Don Roberto Jewelers, Porterville , Assistant Manager, Other , Porterville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!