Client Services Provider (Part-Time) - Porterville Welcome Center
Company: Turning Point of Central California Inc
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Client Service Provider
Porterville Welcome Center
140 S. "C" Street, Porterville, CA 93257
Nancy Palafox, Program Director
Class 100 ($15.37 - $20.23/hour)*Updated pay rates effective
Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
We are a diverse, inclusive and equal opportunity employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion,
creed, age (40+), disability status, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition,
genetic information, marital status, protected military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.JOB SUMMARYThe
Client Services Provider reports to the Program Director and are
responsible for providing supervision and monitoring clients in
Porterville Welcome Center (residential program) for homeless
adults.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide supervision and monitoring of facility.
- Ensure that program guests' basic needs (food, hygiene,
shelter) are met.
- Make written notes to document guest activity.
- Document rounds, counts, and inspections on appropriate
- Answer the telephone and the door/gate.
- Conduct Intakes.
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution.
- Document areas of concern on incident reporting formats.
- Conduct recreational and life skills activities for
- Perform filing and other general office duties.
- Perform routine maintenance duties as needed.
- Report for work on short notice.
- Will drive on Agency business as needed.
- Think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures,
including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work
related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety
risks for staff, clients and others.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility
of each employee at Turning Point. Employees are expected to report
to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working.
Employees also are expected to remain at work for their entire work
schedule. Late arrival, early departure or other absences from
scheduled hours are disruptive and must be avoided.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director. Please note
this job description is not designated to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required for the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED and two (2) years supervision
experience or equivalent education/experience substitute.
- Current certified training in emergency first aid procedures
- Read and write English at an eighth grade level.
- Legibly, accurately and appropriately document communications,
behaviors and routine facility events as they occur.
- Visually observe resident population.
- Perform perimeter and room checks.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
and PowerPoint, Office 365, Teams, Zoom and other
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a
dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and
operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general
physical, and TB test.
- COVID19 vaccination required prior to employment.
- Must maintain good relationships with current, future and past
employees, co-workers, vendors, third party administrators, and
others with whom the Agency is transacting business, and relate to
them in a professional manner.
Keywords: Turning Point of Central California Inc, Porterville , Client Services Provider (Part-Time) - Porterville Welcome Center, Other , Porterville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!