Company: UtiliQuest, LLC
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Overview: Porterville, CA (starting at $16.25/hr + increase
after successfully completing paid Training Program)Do you enjoy
working independently and outdoors? If so, it may be time to "Start
a New Career" with UtiliQuest! We are hiring Field Technicians in
Porterville, CA to start in a PAID TRAINING class. UtiliQuest is
now hiring experienced Field Technicians AND those wishing to start
a new career! Learn a NEW TRADE and be a part of the growing
Utilities Industry!UtiliQuest, a leading provider of Damage
Prevention Services, is searching for career-focused motivated
individuals to locate underground utilities. No experience is
required, but we welcome those with Utility Locating or related
experience. We provide a COMPANY TRUCK and GREAT BENEFITS! Military
Veterans are encouraged to apply. Check out the job preview of this
amazing opportunity!Under the direction of a company supervisor, a
Utility Line Locator performs work that involves visual inspection
of predefined construction areas and reading and interpretation of
utility maps to determine the presence of underground utilities,
while using special electronic equipment to actually detect and
locate said utilities. The utilities may include (but not be
limited to) gas, electric, cable TV, telecommunications, sanitary
sewer, water lines, street lighting and other facilities within the
predefined construction area.Responsibilities:
- Use lap-top computer or other devices to receive, document and
close out excavation notices, both during normal hours and after
- Read and interpret utility maps / prints to identify the type
and size of underground utilities.
- Use assigned communication equipment to effectively communicate
with excavators, utility reps, and company personnel, regarding
- Operate different electronic detection equipment, to locate and
mark under-ground facilities within prescribed accuracy
- Perform light excavation with a shovel, to expose buried
utilities when necessary.
- Provide accurate documentation and or sketches related to all
- Receive and respond to excavation notices during normal and
after hours in accordance with established time requirements.
- Operate company vehicles in a safe manner and maintain a
- Be able to perform manhole entry using assigned equipment and
- Perform work in all weather conditions, during normal and after
- The employee shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- Will need to have the ability to work a flexible schedule (some
evenings and weekends) as ticket/production load requires.
- Employee will respond to emergency calls during scheduled
on-call shift rotationQualifications:
- High School Diploma, GED equivalent, relevant work experience,
or a combination of education and work experience preferred
- Valid State driver's license (cannot be considered
Provisional), including an MVR record that is deemed acceptable by
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and
- Upon employment, will be subject to random drug testing in
compliance with federal, state and company guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment. (shovels,
screw drivers, wrenches, and ped keys etc.)Benefits:
- Medical/Prescription Plans: four (4) medical plan options which
include prescription benefits.
- Dental Plans: two (2) dental insurance options - a high option
plan that covers most dental treatments along with diagnostics and
preventive care; and a low option plan that covers the basic
diagnostics and preventive care.
- Group Vision Plan: a PPO plan where participating doctors
provide eye exams and substantial discounts for services and
- Flexible Spending Account: benefit allows pre-tax dollars to be
contributed annually to a reimbursement account for your and your
family members' qualified healthcare expenses (up to $2,500) and
dependent care expenses (up to $5,000).
- Retirement Savings Plans: 401(K) - once eligible, employees
have the option to invest 1% - 75% of their salary. The company
will match a portion of this investment.
- Stock Purchase Plan: allows employees to purchase company
stock, when eligible, through payroll deductions.
- Short & Long Term Disability: group rates for disability
insurance benefits which will replace a portion of your income due
to illness or injury.
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance: available at group
- Company Discounts
- Legal Services Insurance: access to legal professionals at
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement: up to $7,500 per calendar year
Keywords: Utility Line, Locator, Maintenance, Electrical,
Construction, Damage Investigator, Pest Control, military veteran,
cable technician, #readytowork, Hiring Immediately, IND2Applicants
are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a
background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality
safety requirements and training provided by the company as
required.-Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including,
based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's
policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee
based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of
applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state
and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in
making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the
EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement.
Keywords: UtiliQuest, LLC, Porterville , Field Technician, Professions , Porterville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!